Among other things, the opinions of a former member of the Zimbabwe Republic Police force. My take on the world in general and one thing in particular - a commentary on the current situation in Zimbabwe. I am not a journalist, nor a political activist, but I am a man with a conscience. Hence, this page is my civic responsibility. The more people that hear about the devastating rule in Zimbabwe and the problems therein, the better!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Triangle Farmer Murdered

Police in Masvingo are hunting for a farm worker who is suspected to have killed Triangle farm manager Adolph Willem Botha.

Botha was found dead in a pool of blood with a deep cut on his neck at the farm house, a day after paying his workers their wages.

Masvingo police spokesperson Inspector Charity Mazula yesterday said police are eager to interview a general hand, Christopher Musiiwa (age not given) of Chikova Village under Chief Madzivire in Chivi who was with Botha on Friday when he paid the employees their wages.

Police suspect the killer(s) robbed Botha of an undisclosed amount of money before killing him.

A maid, Chemedzai Mudzviro, 34, who was reporting for duty found Botha, 69, of Plot 12 Mpapa, Triangle dead in a pool of blood at his farm house on Saturday at around 6AM.

"Police are looking for Musiiwa who was last seen in the company of the deceased a day before Botha was found dead.

"Investigations are in progress and we'll leave no stone unturned until the culprit(s) is brought to book," said Insp Mazula.

It has emerged that on Thursday, Musiiwa accompanied Botha to Triangle where he received $6,500 wages for the employees and started paying them the following day, on a Friday.

A source close to investigations said at around 12noon after paying the employees both Botha and Musiiwa returned to the farm homestead where they found Mudzviro and a supervisor, Joram Muvazhi, 40, at the farm.

"At around 1:30PM Mudzviro knocked off, leaving Botha, Muvazhi and Musiiwa at the farm house. Mudzviro however observed that when she left Musiiwa was washing Botha's vehicle and had a machete with him," said the source.

He said on the following day, on Saturday Musiiwa did not report for work and his wife Tendai Shedhi, 18, professed ignorance about his whereabouts. 

Shedhi told police that Musiiwa had not returned home on Friday with other residents saying he had been spotted at Bongo Business Centre going to Rutenga in a commuter omnibus belonging to one Makamure.

The source continued, "Musiiwa is said to have hired the commuter omnibus for $80."

Botha was allegedly hacked to death with a machete.

His attacker(s) ransacked the farmhouse and left bloodstains in several rooms.



Post a Comment

<< Home